During the current Covid19 emergency we have closed all walk-in clinics and are operating a telephone triage system to prioritise urgent problems.
If you have an appointment for PrEP within the coming weeks we will contact you to discuss STI testing & PrEP requirements / plans.
Please see this very useful resource about PrEP use in the time of Covid19
- PrEP has been shown to be highly effective in studies in gay men.
- PrEP is NOT currently available on the NHS (this means we cannot prescribe this for you).
- Lots of gay men get PrEP from other sources (online pharmacies, friends). We can show you the safest way possible to do this.
- It’s really important that if you’re on PrEP you have regular monitoring (blood tests and urine tests) and see a health professional to make sure you are taking it properly and safely.
- At the Brighton and Hove sexual health and contraception service (SHAC) we run a free and confidential non-judgemental service for PrEP-Support.
- Please book into clinic M by calling 01273 523388 or come to walk in on Wednesday evenings between 5-6pm.