Clinic T (Trans Clinic)
When is this service next available?26th, June 2019 from 17:00 to 19:00
|Wednesday||17:00 - 19:00|
Get in touch
Tel: 01273 523388Clinic T
Corner of Eastern Road and Abbey Road
What other services are offered at Clinic T?Find out more
Clinic T is our sexual health service for anyone who identifies as trans, non-binary or gender variant (partners are welcome too). The clinic runs every month and upcoming dates are posted above. All of our services are free and completely confidential, and our staff have been trained in trans awareness. The main services we offer are:
Call us 01273 523388 or book an appointment online – Click here
- Information and advice on all aspects of sexual health.
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections including HIV.
- Provision and follow-up of Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) for prevention of HIV infection.
- Hepatitis A and B vaccination programme.
- Contraception advice and emergency contraception (morning after pill).
- Breast /implant /chest awareness.
- Cervical screening.
- Pregnancy testing.
- Free condoms and lube.
- Support and advice following sexual assault.
Although our core service is focused around sexual health if there is anything else that concerns you, for example psychological issues or worries about taking hormones (including concerns about self-medicating), you can discuss this with the nurse or doctor seeing you in complete confidence. We may not be able to deal with the issue there and then but we can offer appropriate advice and may be able to refer you to an appropriate service.
The Terence Higgins Trust site is www.tht.org.uk
Info for trans women: www.tht.org.uk/sexual-health/Sex,-reproduction-and-gender/Trans-women
Info for trans men: www.tht.org.uk/sexual-health/Sex,-reproduction-and-gender/Trans-men
Dr. Kate Nambiar talks about the importance of letting trans people control their own journeys around gender, and why it’s so important for everyone to stand up as trans allies now.