- LGBT is an initialism that stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender
- The initialism, LGBT, is intended to emphasise a diversity of sexuality and gender identity-based cultures. It may be used to refer to anyone who is non-heterosexual or non-cisgender, instead of exclusively to people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.
- To recognize this inclusion, a popular variant adds the letter Q for those who identify as queer or are questioning their sexual identity (LGBTQ+) encompasses a spectrum of gender and sexuality.
From April 1st 2015, Morley Street Clinic and The Claude Nicol Centre are becoming joined up to provide one integrated Contraception & Sexual Health service for people in Brighton and Hove.
- No symptoms doesn’t mean no STI… in 80% of cases there are NO symptoms.
- Even if you’re positive, chlamydia & gonorrhoea are easily treated with antibiotics.
- Early diagnosis & treatment lowers the risk of developing painful complications including infertility.
- Brighton & Hove has one of the highest rates of STI’s in the country – don’t be a statistic.
Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea are both very common bacterial infections that are sexually transmitted that can be very easily treated with antibiotics. Often these infections can be present with no symptoms and if left untreated they can cause potential long term problems including affecting fertility for both men and women.Learn More…
Our team is made up of a mix of male & female Doctors, Nurses, Health Advisers, Clinical Support Workers and Administrators. All are experienced in sexual health and contraception and provide a service that is both confidential and non judgemental.Learn More…